Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
- impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
- impressions of the residents
- culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
- exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
- hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
- types/number of spots available, ESIR available
- fellowship matches
University of Connecticut Program
Independent call (pro or con)
Small academic program, isolated area, residents seemed indifferent about program
Agree with above. Little to no transplant exposure. Connecticut can get very expensive for suburbia
No internal moonlighting currently and residents mentioned questionable external moonlighting at PP group