Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
- impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
- impressions of the residents
- culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
- exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
- hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
- types/number of spots available, ESIR available
- fellowship matches
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Program