Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
impressions of the residents
culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
types/number of spots available, ESIR available
Mississippi - Jackson
University of Mississippi Medical Center Program
- You will see everything. volume and variety of pathology is not a problem here. lovely staff.
- Categorical program with transitional style IM intern year included.
- ESIR - 1 resident per class out of 7
- AIRP registration funded + generous stipend for housing and food
- ugly hospital. minimal benefits. jackson is not a great place to live.
- $1000 (total) book fund to cover all 4 years. can not be used on electronics.
- Multiple core failures last year.
- overnight call starts early R1 year with attendings overreading remotely. no formal readouts.
- lectures and viewbox teaching lacking
- senior call increasing with new PD