Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
impressions of the residents
culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
types/number of spots available, ESIR available
Missouri - Columbia
University of Missouri-Columbia Program
- Residents were really personable and helpful, seemed like a very laid back atmosphere.
- Free food in the Dr lounge
- Good moonlighting opportunities
- Very Low COL area
- Close-knit residents/approachable faculty
- Small city size (maybe a + depending on the person)
- Small program size (5 Residents/year) so call schedule sounds like it can be busy.