Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
impressions of the residents
culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
types/number of spots available, ESIR available
North Carolina - Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina Hospitals Program
- strong clinical training, resident run program, independent call
- particularly strong in neuro and IR
- focus on resident wellness. Noon lecture ends at 12:45pm but residents aren't expected back until 1:15pm
- research triangle is a solid place to live you're ok not being in a major city
- night float months aren't the best schedule. 14 12s overnight and 10 swing shifts from noon-8pm. alternated weeks of nights and weeks of swing
- currently have an interim chair (not much of a con as prior chair left for a higher position in hospital admin within UNC)
Yes, contrast coverage and call shifts. Will be expanding the number of available internal call shifts.