Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
- impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
- impressions of the residents
- culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
- exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
- hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
- types/number of spots available, ESIR available
- fellowship matches
West Virginia - Morgantown
West Virginia University Program
Huge catch area in underserved state. PD is neurointerventional, loves to teach. Lots of former residents returned after fellowship as attendings.
That sweet college town life.