Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
impressions of the residents
culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
types/number of spots available, ESIR available
Alabama - Birmingham
Brookwood Baptist Health Program
- small community program
- included TY year (relatively cush)
- Free food (including a candy room)
- Nice staff
- pays for your hotel for interview day, shuttles you to/from dinner/interview
- PD is a big dawg in the ACR
- volume seems ok
- R2 call is 24hr and almost q5 for the entire year.
- basically everyone in the program is from alabama (not very diverse is what I mean here, nothing wrong with alabama people in general)
- UAB probably gets all the cool cases
- Residents happy, but seems like they would rather be at UAB (didn't get this vibe)
- Physics is handled by videos + traveling to UAB