Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
impressions of the residents
culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
types/number of spots available, ESIR available
New Hampshire - Lebanon
Dartmouth-Hitchcock/Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital Program
- education focused, and helps you to learn how to teach others well
- Best PD i met on the trail +1, she's the nicest, APD too
- Good volume
Overall: I loved the place. Regret not ranking it higher if I am honest. Would love to come work there someday actually.
- no moonlighting
- very rural +1, felt especially apparent after interviewing in boston
- to fly out of lebanon you have to drive/take the Dartmouth coach into boston (2-3 hrs)
- relatively high cost of living for being rural
-only 1 guaranteed prelim spot (surgery spot as well), prelim med year is included with your iv for rads, but they do not have any guaranteed spots.