Program summaries should include information you have learned about a program, for example:
- impressions of the PD, APDs, other faculty/attendings
- impressions of the residents
- culture of the program, pressure on residents to read quickly
- exposure to procedures, how do readouts work, moonlighting available etc.
- hospital characteristics: size, trauma, pediatric exposure, community/academic/mixed etc.
- types/number of spots available, ESIR available
- fellowship matches
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program
Hospital: U.S. News 2019-20 Best Hospitals Honor Roll
Setting: New York City ranked #10 in Niche 2019 Best Cities for Young Professionals.
Competitive NYC salary, Solid DR and strong IR training, well-funded for research/conferences, PD approachable and well-connected, residents seemed happy! Great pre-interview dinner
May have less volume compared to NYU, NY Presbyterian.